Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

My vw Passat 2014 trunk won't open. My wife is on a road

Customer Question

My vw Passat 2014 trunk won't open. My wife is on a road trip with it. is there a place to open the trunk with the key?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
will I be getting an answer shortly????
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

1st thing to check is if the valet button in the glovebox has been pushed in ?

as this disables the trunk access

if thats OK then check to see if you can hear the actuator working ? as sometimes the plastic arm can slip off

and the key lock for the trunk should also work ( unless the arm has jammed things up) this is located just under the lip of the trunk by the number plate light or underneath the VW badge which spins out of the way

if thats jammed then look on the top of the rear seat back rest there should be able a handle to fold down the rear seat and the you will need t crawl
In the trunk and remove the screws by the inside handle pulls and then remove the trunk lid liner and then you will be able to see what's going on and open the trunk manually at the latch

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you