sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I am about 4 hours in middle of nowhere. Wife did not pay

Customer Question

Hello. I am about 4 hours in middle of nowhere. Wife did not pay attention to ad blue. So it got to the point where won't start. Just added about 2 gallons of Abblue. Wond hold any more. Still won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: 2011 toured. Turns over fine. Says Abblue can't start. Did the 30 second on the engine and then try to start but littler end adblue still there
JA: What is the model of your '11 VW?
Customer: Toured
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: toured tdi lux.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope. 45 k miles or so. Runs great till now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it was allowed to get to the point where the engine would no longer start then a scan tool may be necessary to clear fault codes and reset the aftertreatment system information.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?