Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

HAVE A 2013 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA CHANGE THE LOCK CYL AND THE

Customer Question

HAVE A 2013 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA CHANGE THE LOCK CYL AND THE IGNITION KEY THE OTHER ONE THE KEY BROKE OFF INSIDE THE CYL. NOW THE CAR START BUT STAYS RUNNING FOR A SECOND AND DIES ON THE INSTRUMENT PANEL WHEN YOU INSERT THE KEY AND TURN IT A NO KEY MESSAGE APPEARS JUST FOR A MOMENT.ITS ANY THING THAT CAN BE ABLE TO FIX IT NEED HELP THANK YOU. JETTA SE 2.5
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

The key needs to be programmed to the vehicle if it is a new one . do you have the other original key?

if the cylinder was ordered from the vw dealer it should have the same key cut and should be programmed so that is why the other key is mentioned.

please let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THE KEY GOT BROKEN INSIDE THE OLD CYLENDER, SO WE ORDER ANOTHER LOCK CYLENDER AND THE KEY FROM VOLKSWAGEN AND THEY TOLD US, THAT THE KEY WAS PROGRAM ALLREADY BUT APARENTLY ITS NOT WHAT CAN I DO FROM HERE.THANK YOU
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

ok the vehicle needs to be towed to the VW dealer and they have to program the key to the vehicle with their scan tool. the scan tool is linked to Germany to do this programming. it is the only way to get your car running again!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
want to rate excellent but when apply don't go true
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

here you go and my pleasure helping out!! thanks