Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Coolant will not flow out of the small port on drivers side

Customer Question

coolant will not flow out of the small port on drivers side going to over flow bottle.
JA: Have you inspected the hoses? Have you checked the radiator fluid?
Customer: new fluid, therm, and gskt, water pump good, must be pluged eng. block
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 99 2.0
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: blowing air into block through port on eng. starting eng with hose off, no fluid comes ouy
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: drove it, didn't over heat, fans work, do you have a diagram of the system
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Sorry for the long delay, I got a late start today and have just worked my way down to the bottom of the list where you are. I am going to get a late start tomorrow as well. I feel like I can help on this concern if help is still needed. Please reply and let me know

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • Possible causes with the info so far are, rust accumulation blocking the coolant passages in the block.

Thanks Chris