Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

How to remove cooling fan from 2006 vw beetle? And how to

Customer Question

How to remove cooling fan from 2006 vw beetle? And how to test it by using 12volt leads (need to know wire diagram of plug) its the single fan version 2006 vw beetle 2.5l
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Ok, you will have to remove the wheel well liners, front bumper, then lock service carrier in service position, and then remove the fan - see attachment for specific directions

To test, apply 12v to brown with black striped wire

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.