vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My check engine light is on and I get the code P1531 comes

Customer Question

hello, so my check engine light is on and I get the code P1531 comes up, what is my problem? I have a VW gti 2006
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it stays on, the other code is a thermostat issue which I will be fixing soon but no one I speak to seems to know what the other code. performance problem, not really, and I was hoping to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my intake has a crack in it not sure if that's the reason why
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

do you have vag com? if so can you post full scan log here of all fault codes please

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is this what you mean?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

ahh you have that!!

please remove engine air cleaner on top of the engine and look at the high pressure fuel pump. behind that is the camshaft control is the connector connected ? any broken wires?

let me know!!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
would I need tools to take the engine air cleaner off? I'm about to get off of work.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 7 months ago.

ok when air cleaner off attach pic of the high fuel pump area and the connector behind the pump