vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

The FM radio volume is gone, everything else works fine, are

Customer Question

The FM radio volume is gone, everything else works fine
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: are there specific fuses for fm radio
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2007 beetle convertible
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my check engine came on and I had it checked at auto store. turned out to be a loose gas cap radio went out next day
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need your vin # ***** assist

Thanks