Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

0n our 74 vw super beetle, the 2 rubber hoses that connect

Customer Question

Martin,0n our 74 vw super beetle, the 2 rubber hoses that connect to the steering column, do you know what size they are and how long should each one be and is there an easy way to replace them? Thanks.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 4 months ago.

The hoses will be very hard to find because they are special application parts. I think you will only find other one's from a junk yard or someone like me that have spares for beetles. To remove them you will have to strip the entire steering column.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would you have a diagram that show the removal process, etc.?
Expert:  Martin replied 4 months ago.

The diagram I gave you yesterday is about the best that you will find.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That diagram just shows the steering column, it doesn't show the hoses at all.
Expert:  Martin replied 4 months ago.

I have found a photo of the fire wall seal...think that is what you are talking about. This is not very hard to remove you will have to undo the steering, the wiring from all the switches,the cir clip on the steering shaft the spacer on the steering shaft, the two bolts holding the column to the body then the whole assembly will be able to come free and slide off the steering shaft. Setting the fire wall rubber free to be removed. I see they also have this for sale which we do not have accept if one do a special order.

Greetings,

Martin.