vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Where is the ignition relay VW Rabbit 2007?

Customer Question

Where is the ignition relay for a VW Rabbit 2007?
Category: VW
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here's some more info on why I am asking. So I was driving my car, probably about 40 miles per hour, and all of a sudden it died. I had electricity, radio was still lit up and playing, but the cluster was not responding. The gas and temp gauge went back to as if the car was off. I had a 1/2 tank of gas, and the temp gauge was about 1/2 way, so the car was not overheating. I tried to start the car and it was just silent. No clicking, no partial turn, nothing. I waited a few minutes and the car started back up just fine and drove like normal for about 4 days. I went out to the car on day 4(after it was running fine all day), and it wouldn't start up. Same thing. Silent when turning the key, had electricity, but the cluster gauges would not move, the gas didn't go up and neither did the temp. I read online two other people had the exact same problem and it turned out to be a bad ignition relay. I can see all the relays under the dash, but don't know which one. Here is the link to the page where the two people had the same problem and the solution. http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/showthread.php/27366-07-rabbit-won-t-start. Also I am attaching two pictures of the relays that I found, they are in the same spot but could not capture them in one picture.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I DO NEED A VIN # ***** THE VEHICLE TO ASSIST!

ALSO WHEN IT STALLS THE ONLY LIGHT IN THE DASH IS THE DRL LIGHT?

THANKS

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WVWCR71K87W077654When it stalled all lights were working in the car, DRL, cabin light, headlights, back light for dash, ect.... it looked normal, other than the gas and temp gauge went down as if the car was off. It is the same way when I went out to start the car a few days ago, everything looks and acts normal, other than gas and temp gauge, and the car won't start.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

OK LET ME CHECK ON THIS AND WILL GET BACK ASAP WHEN I HAVE ALL MY INFO TO ASSIST!!

THANKS