vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

I have a 2013 Passat TDI. I got a 600 mile warning that I

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Passat TDI. I got a 600 mile warning that I should fill the Add Blue so I took it to the dealer and filled the tank. The warning has not gone off and I am afraid it will progress until I cannot start the car. Is there a reset?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery about 6 months old and the car starts, as it was only the 600 mile warning.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have driven the car about 10 miles and started and stopped the engine four times.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the car has 77,500 miles and has been serviced exactly to the book.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 3 months ago.

Since the warning came on they will need to reset the warning with there scan tool after filling it they where suppose to do this after they filled it , there is no manual reset for you to be able to do this you will have to have them do this . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you