peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My mechanick changed twice the alternator on my 2006 Jetta

Customer Question

My mecha***** *****ged twice the alternator on my 2006 Jetta 2.5L, and it does not work. I double- checked at secend place with professional mechanick and got answer it does not work properly. He refuce to do it again. What is my next step? It's cost me $ 742.73 after tax, and second time only labor $ 170.00.
Thanks
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If they did not check the wiring leading to or from the alternator this needs done to see if any wiring issues are found.If a wiring fault is found it will need repaired to correct this issue here.I have seen loose,damaged and corroded wiring cause this fault here leading to or at the alternator as well as at the starter and battery.The fuses also need checked to make sure they are all o.k. as well.I dont suspect the alternator itself is the cause here but instead an issue with poor wiring connections or wiring leading to the alternator needing repaired or replaced.

You might have a repair facility inspect all wiring to and from the alternator,starter and battery as well as fuse panels for any issues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete