vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Two weeks ago I got the window regulator replaced on my 1999

Customer Question

Two weeks ago I got the window regulator replaced on my 1999 VW Beetle. Yesterday the motor started making a noise when the window fully closes.It sounds like the motor will not stop for a about a second. The mechanic who replaced the regulator tells me that there is a pressure sensor in the motor which could be faulty and I might need a new motor before the regulator cable breaks again.Can you tell me anything about this sensor problem?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 3 months ago.

There is a sensor build its build into the regulator and cannot be replaced seperately , the sendor is for when the motor noticed=s that the window has closed it will stop the motor from working i recommend you have the motor removed and also make sure the motor gears asre not damaged as well . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is the sensor in the regulator or in the motor. I just had the regulator replaced with a new one.