vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

Air bag light is on after a crash, i put in a new seat and

Customer Question

air bag light is on after a crash
JA: Have you checked the codes? Is anything interfering with the seatbelt switch?
Customer: i put in a new seat and an airbag ?
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: both 2005 othe original had heat the replacement didnt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive just replaced the affected parts
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it was a insurance purchase, I bout the car to fix for my daughter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
where is the airbag module located ? will the module reset itself ie erase crash data once the repairs are made or do I have to get a new module. THis was a spinout crase. so I replaced all the front suspension on the drivers side of the car. when I hit the brakes I hear a clonking sound. what dould that be. I the strut susposed to have movement ?
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 3 months ago.

Doyon have a scan tool that is capable of erasing the trouble cods stored in the airbag control module ??

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can buy one off ebay what do you recomend ? I actually took this one to a shop. he said it was the passanger seat weight sensor and the drivers side seat belt. So I replaced the seat

Ok since they told you what you needed and you have replaced it all you will need to do is have the fault erase since these items were all replaced i recommend you have a shop just erase the light for you i hope this helps.Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

About buying a scan tool off eBay ??

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where the control module is located . Is the strut disposed to be loose the clonking sound I hear when I got the brakes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hit the brake

The strut is not supposed to have movement once mounted , if the airbag control module has a crash data faults stored in it then it will need to be replaced and it will also need to be coded with a factory vw scan tool , if you buy a used control module make sure its the same exact part # ***** the original one in the vehicle . The airbag control module is located in front of the center console under the heater box usually you have to remove the console side trims and the front portion of the console . I hope this helps please dont forget the feedback thank you