peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I mobile activated. All jets are not working including the

Customer Question

I mobile activated. All jets are not working including the valet key on Passat engine starts and dies can you help?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: New battery it starts and cuts out immediately. Key battery replaced yesterday and another key programmed
JA: What year is your Passat?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Just wondering how. Fix so icandrive te car
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the immobilizer system on your model here.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all this needs done to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair the fault here.This needs done with a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model to read all computers for codes.

I have seen the immobilizer that reads the key fail needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete