Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My nephew is struggling with a 2002 vw. vin

Customer Question

my nephew is struggling with a 2002 vw. vin 9bwgk61j34079284. It starts and shuts down after 3 seconds. He took it to the mechanic replaced ecu and cluster. any ideas?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information .

• Is there any flashing yellow lights on in the dash after the engine stalls?
  • Do you still have the original ecu and cluster on hand?
  • when you turn the key on does the chec engine light come on in the dash?

please let me know!

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry so slow my nephew lives an hour away.....yes the flashing yellow light is on after it stalls yes we do have the old cluster in the old ECU unit and yes the check engine light does come on when key is turned on.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

you have an immobilizer issue and with the new parts it needs to be programmed at a VW dealer to make it run again!!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang