vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I previously asked about my daughters VW Beetle. Sometimes

Customer Question

I previously asked about my daughters VW Beetle. Sometimes it will not crank, it will turn over, but not fire up. Sometimes it will act like it wants to die while sitting at a stop light. I was told it was probably the crankshaft positioning sensor. I had that replaced but it did not fix the problem. It seems to do this more the hotter it is outside
Category: VW
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David and lets start with while the vehicle is running. these engines are known for a lot of problems. lets try checking for vacuum leaks. while the engine is running, take a can of throttle body cleaner, spray it around the base of the upper intake, anywhere there is a vacuum line/hose, vacuum line at brake booster, vacuum line going to each fuel injector and so on. if, while spraying, the car stumbles or revs, then you have found the leak

do you still need help with this issue?