vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I have a 2004 VW Jetta, the exterior hood latch broke off.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 VW Jetta, the exterior hood latch broke off. How do I open hood and how do I fix the broken plastic hatch release?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 5 months ago.

If you mean the small black plastic pull for the hood latch broke then you will need to use a screwdriver of long pick you push the latch to the side thats holding the hood down take a flashlight and se how it works . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer

Please advise whether I can purchase the rubber pull part at at VW dealer and if this hatch is repairable?. Further, I have to see if I can perform with the answer?

I will have to take some time because I had a hip replace on April 18th, so I move very slow.

Frederick

You can replace the black plastic piece separate from the latch and please dont forget to provide feedback thank you