Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

03 jetta 2.0l auto trans. ac will not work. blower motor

Customer Question

03 jetta 2.0l auto trans. ac will not work. blower motor works fine and ac button lights up when pushed. when I push ac button the motor changes like it would if the ac compre4ssor kicked on but when you look at it the clutch isn't spinning. while the car is running you can hear like its trying to kick on and off. when I put test light on plug for clutch, the light flashes simultaneously with the engine changing tones. it is not a steady power light. I changed the high pressure switch and checked wire from clutch to high pressure switched for any breaks and didn't find anything. ac system is fully charged
Category: VW
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, first thing you need to check are the fuses and the fuse box on top of the battery, the fuse box melts and causes poor connection, the fuse for the compressor is in that fuse box. do not buy any one outside of the dealer as they all are cheaply made. let me know if this helps, Lou P.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

all fuses and fuse box are good.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.

OK, the ac fuse should be the middle 30 amp fuse, have you checked the power at the ac compressor or ohmed from the fuse to the compressor?