vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8T that is having an intermittent no

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8T that is having an intermittent no spark condition. If the car sits for a while it will start and run for some time and then eventually die (has been as quick as 5-10 min or as long as 30 min of driving). When it dies if I pull out one of the coils and check for spark there is no spark. let it sit for a while and it will have spark and start again.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes headlights turn on, battery seems ok.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I was planning on fixing myself. I have not replaced anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don;t think so. Fuel pump is cycling but other than that seems like a spark issue to me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP