vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

The rear hatch won't open. I get a message in the car that

Customer Question

the rear hatch won't open.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: I get a message in the car that says the hatch isn't closed all the way.
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 2012 Touareg
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Locking and unlocking, the driver's side door button, the key fob button, having one person pull the rear handle while another pushes from inside.....
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: The fob seems to be working, since it locks and unlocks with no problem. I have not tried it with the other key, though.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's the only problem I'm having right now. Everything else is working fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 8 months ago.

Ok we have seen some issues with the rear hatch motors which are build into the rear hatch shock on each side you will need to have the signals checked from the motors to make sure you have all the signals to the motors if you have the correct signals going to it and still dont work you will need to replace the hatch shock/motors . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you