Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My cooling fan on my 2010 vw passat cc wstays on all the

Customer Question

my cooling fan on my 2010 vw passat cc wstays on all the time
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am fixing it myself have change the engine coolant sensors both change the fan no help
JA: Have you inspected the hoses? Have you checked the radiator fluid?
Customer: yes I
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cant find the fan relays location
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The thermostat is a common problem on this vehicle, if the engine is running too hot, the fans would stay running until the temp goes down, I would also recommend connecting this up to a scan tool, and reading the engine temp under the live data of the scanner.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan