vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I Have a 200 VW Passat 2.77 V6. A short time ago I moved it

Customer Question

I Have a 200 VW Passat 2.77 V6. A short time ago I moved it a short distance twice and the next time I went to drive it I found I had flooded it. It was taken to a workshop and had new plugs put in and as there was oil in the plug holes they put on new Cam covers. Approximately 2 months later the car started and ran for about 2 seconds and then stopped and it appears it has flooded again. I have recently smelt a hot oil smell when it is idling. There was not a compression test done when they had the plugs out and I am wondering if the valves are getting faulty or the Throttle Valve or injectors are dirty.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

was a scan test performed to see if any codes were stored?

is the check engine light on?

please let me know