vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I own a 2008 vw Passat and I have a cd stuck inside my cd

Customer Question

hello. I own a 2008 vw Passat and I have a cd stuck inside my cd player and I can't get it out. any recommendations. would replacing the radio fuse help?
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: no but I did read something about a fuse 8, 15 amp for a 2002 Passat.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried turning the car n and holding the evict button for 3 minutes, then pushing the on off button on and off while holding the evict button
putting a small portion of another cd in to help lift it up
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Are the cd's original or are they burnt cd's?