vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Running gear fault. brake assist stop vehicle toaureg....and

Customer Question

running gear fault . brake assist stop vehicle toaureg....and computer has no code but yet it locks toaureg in park until idiot light disappears
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: vw has scanned and the computer module or one of them is not giving a code
JA: What year is your Touareg?
Customer: atlantic volkswagen has it now and they say they cannot get any communication from scanner and they don't know which module is bad..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: one of forums says transfer case module fuse...error code 02053 but they say not sure yet....
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: aren't their a ton of people with this problem.... i have two toauregs and both have same code but the v6 doesn't lock the car in park.
JA: I'm the VW Mechanic's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the car is 2007 vw toaureg v10 tdi ...and running gear , brake assist stop lights coming on and making speedometer stop and car lose air conditioning but still drives in that gear ..the dealer cannot get the computer to communicate back to the scanner so they are disconnecting modules until they find faulty one... but it says code 02053 on the forums for this transfer case module ... noone has difinitive answer.. when warning lights come on before car starts it won't let you out of park
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information!!

• i do need a vin # ***** get the factory information
  • Does the trans indicator on the dash shows all gears selected?
  • is there any abs light on or traction control when this happens?

please let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ill get vin number tomorrow ..its at the shop ....didn't put in my wallet for some reason.... yes the abs and traction light come on and engine light comes on ...but the running gear and brake assist come up on the color screen my car is fully loaded...navigation and v10 tdi and back up camera and sunroof...awd... leather... it does not show all gears selected when the car is under warning ... only normally it does show everything ....again just not when idiot lights come on and turn off spedometer and turn off air conditioning but still lets you drive the car and its stuck in whatever gear you left it in...
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

please first chance for the vin please post .

is it at the dealer or an independent shop?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

hi checking in to see if you have that vin # ***** i can assist!!