Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', VW Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

I wrote out the issue yesterday when I asked my original

Customer Question

I wrote out the issue yesterday when I asked my original question. Do you not have it.
I have a 2013 VW Jetta TDI 4 door. This past weekend I had my vehicle locked and, forgetting that it was locked, I went to open up the back passenger door to put something in. To my amazement the door opened but the alarms went off. This has happened 3-4 times since where the car should be locked but the right passenger door isn't. The alarms sound. I stop the alarm by hitting the open button on the key fob.
Now what is happening is that when I'm driving, the rear locks on the car click on and off 4-5 times when I'm accelerating or slowing down. I was reading in the manual that the doors automatically lock when the car reaches the speed of 5 or 10 km per hour. It does not say anything about the locks go8ing on and off several times at that speed but that is exactly what happens now. I was wondering if there is some sequence of locking/unlocking that might correct this problem. If not, ho
Category: VW
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not happy. I put in payment information yesterday when I asked my question the first time. I got no answer but was sent to a page where I could join.. I do not want to join. I just want to have my question answered and will gladly pay if/when my problem is resolved but you have my credit card numbers (which I don't feel at all comfortable with ) and I have yet to get an answer. I clicked on a link in my email that said "I have an answer to your question" and it took me back to start this whole #$%^&ing process again. I live 3 1/2 hrs from the nearest VW mechanic. I would like very much to fix this problem without having to be financially gouged to death by the VW dealer if I don't have to. Just Answer has been helpful to me in the past with other problems but I am becoming disillusioned and pissed off with what has happened yesterday and today.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
This is the first time I have seen your question.......
sorry it was not addressed earlier, but perhaps there was no VW expert to answer.......
.
Does "any" Doors stay "Unlocked" when you Lock the Vehicle....(Lock Vehicle with Remote, then try each Door Handle)
Please post "which Doors" do stay Unlocked.
In you question you state that the Passenger Rear Door Opened when you had Locked the Vehicle
You also state that the Door Locks "click on & off"
This is typical of a Bad Lock Actuator or a Stuck Door Latch / Actuator
IF you find "any" Door stays Unlocked when you Lock the Doors:
First try:
Spray a Lubricant (wd40, pb blaster, etc.) into the Door Latch on the side of the Door
Open & Close the Door Numerous times, while spraying more Lubricant into the Latch on Open.
See if that cures the issue.
IF Not, then you will need to remove the Inside Door Panel & Lube or Replace the Door Lock Actuator at the Door Latch
Let me know what you find

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

hello?