Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician

The air cond in my daughters 2006 beetle would never shut

Customer Question

Hi ,the air cond in my daughters 2006 beetle would never shut off so the compressor was allways on ,even when the switch was off.after it would keep running the condenser would freeze I took it to a mechanic and now the compressor doesn't work at all .originaly could the clutch plates have been stuck together?
Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Normally when the compressor runs all the time it is either due to the ac pressure transducer not operating properly or sticking ac clutch relay. Both should be tested to see which one is faulty and replaced as needed

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.