vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My '04 VW jerks when I accelerate. Sort of like bucking type

Customer Question

My '04 VW jerks when I accelerate. Sort of like bucking type of thing. I have totake my foot of the gas and ease the speed up to avoid the bucking.
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Mileage is good. It starts normally no issues there. It does die if I leave it for 2-3 days but after a jump it starts fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: '04 Toureag
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix with one of my auto guys. We have replaced 2 batteries and tried to identify the power drain via fuses but the bucking is something that I've lived with for years and it is scary at times
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more info

• i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle
  • is the check engine light on and if so what codes are stored?
  • Any recent repairs done to the vehicle before the issue?
  • any recent accidents?

thanks