vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Where is the relay on a 2012 golf citi : 250000 km start

Customer Question

Hi ! Where is the flasher relay on a 2012 golf citi
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 250000 km start normally
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No turn signal and no hazard
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes i ´ m a mecanic
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Change the flasher lever module
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: Manual gaz engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The stereo doesn't work eather
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Ok, can I get the vin number so I can pull the schematics for the flasher system and the stereo as well

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I pull the radio and the fuse is good
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Hmm, I have a few schematics for it but nothing for the flashers, lighting, or stereo. I also show this by the vin as a 2009, not a 2012. I will opt out and see if another expert can help

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh sorry it's a 2009
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

ok i do need you to check fuse #2 to see if it is blown and check for voltage at the fuse with a volt meter make sure that there is voltage!!

thanks and let me know!!!