Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

I got a VW Jetta 2005 1/2 2.5 automatic/tiptronic (clutch

Customer Question

Hi there! I got a VW Jetta 2005 1/2 2.5 automatic/tiptronic (clutch less) engine. My issue started around 80000 miles. The car would drive fine for the first 15 minutes, and right after that the gears don't shift right, it feels like a transmission issue. But after I park the car for a while, or overnight, the car drives again as if there are no issues... Only for about 15 minutes again. I'm forced to skip gears by going neutral on downshift, or going back and forth in between clutchless and automatic. Please advise. Thank you!
Category: VW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
By "not shifting right" I mean, "hanging" in between shifts and then suddenly "bang" falling into gear violently, down or upshifting in automatic.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem you are having with the transmission is an internal concern or an electronic control issue you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault code setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.