vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

The speedometer stops and starts randomly while driving. I

Customer Question

The speedometer stops and starts randomly while driving. I changed the speed sensor and does same thing. Ref: 96 VW Golf
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 128100 recorded
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When speedometer stops so does the odometer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope so
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: I recently got this car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am terribly sorry I nor any of the other techs got your post sooner. I think Ic an help on this issue if you in fact still need/want help from us.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris