peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

My EOS convertible top won't go down all the way. The part

Customer Question

My EOS convertible top won't go down all the way. The part that comes out of the front window and goes into the open trunk is not working, and I'm getting a dash error indicator -- I think it says Error, close top, or something like that.
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: no.
JA: What year is your Eos?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm not hoping to fix it myself. Wondering if it might be minor or if I should anticipate a major repair.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The last couple of times I put the top down, one of the little plastic flaps (near the back seat) did not close.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this type of fault here can be caused by an electrical fault with a micro switch sending an incorrect signal on what position part of the roof is in.I have seen this occur before and had to replace the affected micro switch that was sending an incorrect signal.

What needs to be done from here first is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what fault codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed and repaired.This will require a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete