gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Oil pressure light intermittent cuts off turbo : 2012 cc no

Customer Question

oil pressure light intermittent cuts off turbo
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: 2012 cc no check light does not come on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes trying to fix myself , oil change at dealership replaced turbo by pass valve was leaking
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: after oil change the car was running like new, once the light comes on the car runs slower
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 8 months ago.

have you checked the oil level?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oil level normal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oil level is normal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you there

it is odd that they replaced the turbo bypass, since it doesn't normally fail anymore. The old early design yes,not this one. I think maybe you have an issue with the crankcase vent/ oil separator, and it is causing oil to go into the intake tubes (which will make it show up in the area of the bypass valve as it seeps out the fittings there)

Try taking the oil cap off with the engine running, if it sucks down really hard and is impossible to remove I would think of that as confirmation that the pcv is the issue

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could the sensor be faulty

It is possible- but since the dealer just did an oil change, you might want to bring it back to them and point it out. It's possible they may have put the wrong filter on it, or lost the insert spring that sits under the filter, and it is not holding pressure like it should.

It's also possible that it is setting a stored fault, but not turning on the CEL since it is not happening all the time.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok will check with the dealer, great thanks for your help. How do I print the report