Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical

I have a 2002 VW polo n i came up to an intersection n felt

Customer Question

Hi there i have a 2002 VW polo n i came up to an intersection n felt like my auto stalled n i lost power! I pulled ova n da EPC LIGHT came on! I turned car off for a while then it was k but light stayed on....wots happening?
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: I just brought the car n the owner said it had been serviced but dont know when
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Try to lol
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: No but i brought 6 weeks ago n i did feel lyk this was happening sometimes...other than that, its goin great...should i put it in for service?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The EPC light stands for a fault in the engine management system. This means there is something wrong with the fuel mixture or the co2 sensors in the exhaust is sending the wrong information to the engine control module. The only way to find out what the problem is, is the have the system scanned with a Vag-com scanner tool or at your nearest VW dealer.

This will inform you as what to do. I hope you find this information of assistance should you need more please do not hesitate to ask.