peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My 2012 Jetta (12,000 miles) radio and gps sound stopped

Customer Question

My 2012 Jetta (12,000 miles) radio and gps sound stopped working. The view is fine, just no sound. I tried Resetting and making sure the volumes were up.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Last week, nothing showed up on my screen except the time. My friend checked for a fuse which turned on the visual screen, but still no sound. I dont see a fuse that just works with sound. Is there one? The manual is no help. I went online to look at a fuse map, but not sure where the fuse is.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I read that the 2012 JETTAs had this problem and also the battery draining. I had a dead battery last summer and had to replace it. Also would like to know if I am still under warrenty since I have only 12,000 miles.
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: no. It has not been driven much.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

With what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the radio itself.I have seen the radio act up/fail in the past before needing replaced for issues like this here.Since you had a display issue at one point and now no sound this sounds like the radio itself needs either repaired or replaced.This can also cause a battery drain in allot of cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete