peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Air conditioned air blending with heat on center vent but

Customer Question

air conditioned air blending with heat on center vent but blowing colder air on side vents. Driver vent no blowing any air. Have replaced blend door support pin which was previously broken and falling out but believe blend doors or other is problem now.
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes - I have done what I typed last
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I'm aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

From what is described here this sounds like an internal mechanical issue in the heater box itself with damaged doors in the box needing repaired or replaced.Usually the heater box itself will need removed to inspect for damage and then repaired from there to correct this issue.I have seen in some cases where actuators can fail on the heater box as well so I would have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.The heater box may need removed for inspection and repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete