Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs

I need a VW radio code

Customer Question

I need a VW radio code
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need the 14 DIGIT VWZ #

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

FYI if you have purchased a second hand radio it has been documented that the etched serial # ***** the electronic serial # ***** be different due to piecing 2 stereo's into one so be beware!!
here is your serial # ***** radio code:

Serial number: VWZ6Z7R9082156
PIN: 1234

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can you further explain what this means "it has been documented that the etched serial # ***** the electronic serial # ***** be different due to piecing 2 stereo's into one so be beware!!"
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

i have seen that if you have purchased a radio like ebay or other sites there is a chance where 2 broken radios have been pieced together to have one good radio . so the serial # ***** be wrong from the outside the case compared to the electronic serial # ***** if that is the case VAG COM will be needed to get the electronic serial # ***** its more a disclaimer to let you know that there is that chance!!

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Hello !!!

Checking in to see if the radio code worked!!!????

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.

Thank you!!