peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Your post has been help but I have a 2002Cabrio. It doesn't

Customer Question

Your post has been help but I have a 2002Cabrio. It doesn't have the same set. Which pins do I Hotwire?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm trying to by pass the alarm bc the starter switch won't allow the car to turn over.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the alarm system out. I just need to figure out which 2 pins need to be hire wired
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: *hot
JA: Huh?
Customer: No that is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

In some cases the theft system cannot be bypassed at all with the issue that is causing the no start here needing diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault.You might check with a local auto accessory install facility to see if they have or can get a bypass kit for this model here to bypass the vehicles factory security system as sometimes they can do this.If this is not an option here and you want to continue here to see if you can locate any bypass info let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete