Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

My 1999 jetta runs then just dies....changed fuel filter and

Customer Question

my 1999 jetta runs for awhile then just dies....changed fuel filter and pump,battery is good, alternator is good ????
Category: VW
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

Hello , when it dies how long does it take before it starts back up?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1 hour or more
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

ok so the first thing we can check is the crank sensor, the best way to test that is to pour ice cold water over the sensor as soon as the car dies and wont restart, if you pour ice water over it and it starts right back up then that is the issue, what engine do you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 4 months ago.

here is a video that was made showing replacement. same engine. hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !