Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 vw touareg 4.2 l changed booth fuel pumps they sound

Customer Question

2005 vw touareg 4.2 l changed booth fuel pumps they sound like they are working still no fuel pressure at the guage hock up to fuel rail .even if I gave them direct power still no pressure at all .I think I hocked up all the hoses in side the tank properly so any idea
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

If you can hear the pumps running but there is no pressure at the engine. This would mean the pumps are bad or your only hearing the transfer pump run or there is a concern with the fuel lines possibly pinched or restricted. Do you need the pump replacement steps to double check your work?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. When your ready please make sure to pick a rating. Rating is the only way I get compensated for helping. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris