Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Can you tell me more about NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number:

Customer Question

Can you tell me more about NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V235000 for my 2008 Volkswagen Passat. I found the recall at http://www.volkswagenextendedwarranty.com/recalls/recalls.html
Submitted: 11 months ago via NissanExtendedWarranty.
Category: VW
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there.

Recall number 08V235000 pertains to a possible engine RPM increase which might result in a crash (see attached). There are no outstanding recalls for the symptoms your Passat is exhibiting.

It is crucial to have not only the technical knowledge, but the correct tools to work on these sophisticated systems. If you're mechanically inclined and have access to a dealer-level scan tool, I can provide you with the technical guidance needed to diagnose and repair this concern. Otherwise, my advice is to have a qualified VW repair facility do the work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you think the steering rack has anything to do with this? The mecanic told me there might be a recall on this.(I already took it for the rpm recall)

The steering rack has no bearing on how the engine starts or runs.

Were you to take your vehicle to an authorized VW repair facility, the service people there would check for any outstanding recalls and offer to address them for you.