FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

Has plenty of oil in it and no leaks just the low oil light

Customer Question

Has plenty of oil in it and no leaks just the low oil light only coming on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I recently had a new oil pan put on with a new oil filter and new oil oil since that the oil light has been coming on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the light has been coming on since the work was done then the oil level sensor was either not reinstalled correctly or there is a loose connection. More than likely it is because the shop did not reinstall the sensor right. I would take it back to them if you have a warranty on it.