peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Left headlamp ghbeam says on 4 seconds and turns off?? :

Customer Question

left headlamp highbeam says on for about 4 seconds and turns off??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2006 vw passot left headlamp assembly with new assembly,bulb and control module
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes i'm a bodyshop
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: what I just said last note
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can post the year,model and engine size this will help.

This may be due to a shorted or damaged wire if there was a collision near the head lamp area.I have seen shorted and damaged wiring cause issues like this before.If you can give me the info on this model as posted above here this will help just let me know.

Thanks Pete