vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

Ac compressor on working but fans come on when switch is

Customer Question

ac compressor on working but fans come on when switch is truned on
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: checked all fuses and are ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all fuses and switch fans are working also
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: only when driving if revs up periodically as if compressor is kicking in
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the issue here the ac compressor is not engaging or the fans are not engaging properly or that they both are but no cool air is coming out when the ac is switched on?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi pete my fans are working on my rad when ac switch is on but compressor is not engaging
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
lately my engine idles up for a few seconds as if my compressor was engaging
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
fuses are all good by battery and fuse panel also
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
also has lots of freon

Have you had the fault codes checked at all using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers?