peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Plugged in my iphone to play music and now the readio wont

Customer Question

plugged in my iphone to play music and now the readio wont work is says cdc hardware error
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No. where are those and how do i do that
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have am fm cd and sirius sat radio and jack to connect iphone now nothing works i turn on power and cdc hardware error flashes on the displau
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes to save money
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: pushing buttons
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: internet searches that say it cannot be fixed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is 2008 vw jetta
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This message turns on when there is a fault in the radio/head unit itself.This is usually an internal fault requiring either removal and repair by a repair facility or replacement.I would have the power and ground signals tested to it to see if these are all o.k. (it sounds like they are since you are receiving a message) and to check the connections at it.If these are o.k. then the head unit requires replacement.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete