vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Did oil change and no start have spark have fuel pressure

Customer Question

Did oil change and no start have spark have fuel pressure coils good
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Did compression check good crank no start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked,fuel,spark,comprassion,cleaned mass air flow checked plugs
JA: Sometimes checking spark plugs can be a challenge -- more than a few things to consider. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: I have about 7 codes for short to ground
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. I do need some more info year and model ?vin #thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2003 Volkswagon Passat 1.8 liter turbo. I dont have the vin # ***** hand. I am a professional mechanic and have access to most of the specialty tools. I can get the vin tomorrow. I can get it to start when I have the gas pedal down to the floor BUT dies as soon as you release the pedal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Vin # *****
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
does the engine feel like it is loaded up with fuel? misfires? scan test ? any codes?