internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.
63512786

The check engine light has been on and I'm now receiving

Customer Question

The check engine light has been on and I'm now receiving quick "Engine Fault Workshop" messaging. My coolant light also keeps coming on a day after if being topped off.
I recently had the following things done due to the check engine light being on:
Intake Manifold, fuel induction, spark plugs replaced, pcv valve replaced
They also noted that there were multiple large oil leaks coming from the engine due to pcv valve failure which may cause furl malfunction codes or air leak codes.
I'm kind of at a loss. Is my car safe to drive? Would any of these things trigger the "Engine Fault Workshop?"
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.Engine fault workshop means the check engine light is ON you need to bring it to the shop and get it scan for the trouble codes.It could be misfire code and the ignition coil is misfiring. You must have a leak in the coolant system. The shop will need to pressurize the system to see if there is any leak.Is the shop near by?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is a shop nearby. Is it safe to drive my vehicle?
it will be safe to drive to the shop.