Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: I brought this

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I brought this stereo from the junk yard but it has a safe mode how can I get the code
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I brought a 99 jetta with no stereo so I went to a junk yard and I get one but when I turned it on appears 1000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't think so because I need a code so that's why I text you so you can help me figure out this
JA: OK! The VW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: No that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hello

as you have the radio out then read the serial number off it as once you have a serial number ( on the side starts in AUZ) then call Audi’s customer assistance to speak with a Audi Customer CARE Advocate. Call 1-***-***-**** (AUDI), Mon-Fri, 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time. If you tell them your Vehicle ID number and the radio serial number they will ask you some questions to verify the vehicle is registered to you and then they should provide you with the code for FREE. This typically takes a couple of days.

It is illegal for anyone to access the radio code through the Audi data base without verifying the customer, vehicle, and radio serial numbers. If someone were to provide that service for you here online, they would be risking their employment as well as legal ramifications.

I realize this is an inconvenience, but it is the main security system that keeps thieves from breaking into your vehicle and stealing the radio

its also worth trying the last 4 digits of the serial number as often this is the security code and sometimes the code is on a sticker in the spare wheel well in the trunk

Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you