vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

P0343, p1542, p1544, p1172 are codes with obd2...I just

Customer Question

P0343, p1542, p1544, p1172 are codes with obd2...I just bought a car for my niece and wanted to hopefully hand keys to her surprise her and my siste at her graduation and see her smile driving it away.. so it's a 2000 vw jetta vr6 good condition one owner car and I replaced starter already as that was obviously bad..
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Question I have is looking front to rear where is the timing belt and could that cause the code I also need to get a new key fob because this one is on its last leg...i have taken apart the intake and seems there is a sensor built into the round tube that everything mount to and excuse me but I'm mechanically somewhat inclined but the names of things I'm still learning this car as its been 12 hrs since I bought it
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: Yes I am going to fix and do it myself, of course I can lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Yah It's a one owner car with 180k...guy said he bought from a Co part auction a few weeks back and drove it home then it sat for 4 days and he could get it turns over but won't fire off...have not checked for spark yet but I will
Category: VW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok so?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I guess IDK what to think about service so would like to cancel out already