vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2009 9n vw polo comfortline. The problem started

Customer Question

I have a 2009 9n vw polo comfortline. The problem started about 3 weeks ago while I was driving on an uphill. The vehicle just dropped speed and EPC warning light went on. I drove on, tried to accelerate but the vehicle dropped speed until it eventually stopped and the engine switched off. I started it but it didn't move. It would start but the minute you hit the accelerator pedal the engine goes off. Sometimes it starts and when i press the accelerator pedal nothing happens. When i checked the fuses i found out that fuse number 34 needed to be changed. I changed it but immediately when i switch the ignition key on, the fuse goes off and needs to be changed again.
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hi im kevin have you had any fault codes read from car ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. A friend of mine tried to put the diagnostic machine on the car but the machine did not even switch on. It seems the machine did not find power for it to go on. Before that we took it to a vw dealership but they could not find the fault. Instead they suggested stripping the engine because their machine found that the compression on valves 2,3, and 4 was low. I took it to another mechanic who said there was nothing wrong with the engine but that the problem was electrical. But he could not find the fault.
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Ok and the fuse 34 was this in engine or interior fuse box ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Interior fuse box. Still now if i change the fuse and switch the ignition on the fuse blows off. I start the car without that fuse but i don't get revs. When you press the pedal it (the car) either switches off or you just press the pedal to the floor and nothing happens (no revs).
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Ok i dont have a wiring diagram for your vehicle il opt out another tech will have this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks for that.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good day. I have been waiting for a response to my question but I don't get one. I will be glad if you are researching and hope you will get back to me.