vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2003 vw v6 4motion. The auxillary coolant pump does

Customer Question

i have a 2003 vw v6 4motion. The auxillary coolant pump does not shut off and drains the battery
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 180,000 km, too new to notice. this hasn't happened until I got it back the mechanic to fix a coolant leak
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: at first I thought it was the secondary air pump. So I changed out the relay switch
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. I do need some more info pleasevin # ***** the vehicleany recent reapirs before this issue?any recent accidents?please let me know thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
WVWZZZ1JZ3D020590
Coolant leak and high pressure steering line fixed. When I first started the car after getting it back from the auto shop, it was sluggish to start, but started. I thought the mechanics just left a light on or something and some driving around town would recharge the battery. It did, but after the car sat overnight the battery was drained. I changed batteries as well as the relay next to the ECU relay
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
ok let me look into this nd will get back